Micro-loop hair extensions, micro-beads hair extensions, or micro-links hair extensions, call it whatever you want: it’s the same hair extension method. Micro-loop hair extensions are hair extensions that have a ring-like structure at the top. These ring-like structures are used to secure the hair extensions to your natural hair. Owing to their structure, micro-loop hair extensions are also called micro-ring hair extensions. Moreover, they also have a transparent silicon stipe inside the loop which secures your hair inside the loops. For this reason, they’re also called micro-bead hair extensions.
Micro-links hair extensions are becoming pretty popular in recent years because of their application processes. Below, we discuss the pros and cons of micro-loop hair extensions to help you decide whether or not these hair extensions are the right ones for you!
Furthermore, we offer hair samples so that you can try each type of hair extensions at a fraction of the price and be comfortable making the right decision for your hair type.
How to Install Micro-beads Hair Extensions
Installing micro-links hair extensions isn’t an easy task, which is why you should leave this part up to your hair extensions technician. Make sure you go to an experienced and certified hairdresser who specifically knows how to handle micro-loop hair extensions. That being said, We’ll give you a preview of how the whole process is done so that you can get an idea about what to expect. The whole process will take about 4 to 5 hours.
First of all, you need to get a strand of your own hair. The strand of hair shouldn’t be too thick or too thin.
After that, pass the loop through that strand of hair to make sure that your hair goes through the bead.
Next, you have to tighten the bead with pliers to make sure it traps your hair in and doesn’t fall off! However, make sure you don’t tighten it too much because this can damage your natural hair as well as your hair extensions.
Deciding at which point to apply the extensions is something that only a professional who’s experienced or certified can do. You cannot do this yourself because it’s a tedious job and you will end up ruining your own hair.
Adding volume to your hair isn’t that easy when it comes to micro-beads hair extensions, which is why this job is better left for the professionals!
Pros of Micro-loop Hair Extensions
Micro-loop hair extensions have a lot of advantages that have increased their popularity in recent years. USA Hair has some of the most high-quality micro-loop hair extensions that will enhance your natural hair, add volume and length to it so that you can style your hair however you want. Here are a few advantages of getting micro-loop hair extensions:
- They do not damage your natural hair. Unlike tape-in or fusion hair extensions, micro-loop hair extensions are 100% safe for your natural hair. This is because micro-loop hair extensions do not require the use of adhesives or glues! This means that the micro-loop extensions do not “stick” on your hair and they do not pull your hair the way other hair extensions might. Adhesives might damage your natural hair because they contain chemicals. Therefore, when you try to remove hair extensions that are glued with adhesives, they might pull on your natural hair and this will ultimately damage your hair if you have fragile or damaged hair. On the other hand, when micro-loop hair extensions are removed, no damage to your natural hair occurs because all you have to do is to manually loosen the bead and your natural hair will then easily come out of the bead!
- Your scalp won’t show hypersensitivity to micro-loop hair extensions. Sometimes, you can get an allergic reaction to the adhesive used in other types of hair extensions like tape-in hair extensions because the glue can come in contact with the scalp and then irritate it. However, when you’re using micro-loop hair extensions, you don’t need to worry about any allergic reactions from occurring because there are no chemicals involved so no chemicals will come in contact with your scalp! It keeps your scalp safe and free from chemicals.
- Micro-links hair extensions do not require any heat for application, unlike some other types of hair extensions. Some hair extensions require heat for application, and these hair extensions then dry out the natural hair, leaving dull and damaged hair. You don’t want your natural hair to get damaged because of your hair extensions, do you? After all, hair extensions will only stay with you for some time but your natural hair will be with you forever! You need to take good care of them and use hair extensions that won’t damage them!
- Micro-loop hair extensions do not slip away or loosen easily. Other types of hair extensions like tape-in hair extensions or clip in hair extensions can fall out easily and get loose. However, when it comes to micro-loop hair extensions, the extensions are pretty secure because they involve a mechanical process of holding your hair together instead of a chemical one! As long as the bead remains tight, it will stay attached to your hair and nothing can make it go loose unless you loosen the bead by yourself!
- Another benefit of using micro-beads hair extensions is that you can choose whatever color you want the extensions to be and this way, you can try out which colors look best on your hair! If you dye your original hair, you’re taking a big risk because reversing the dye is hard and the whole process can greatly damage your hair. On the other hand, if you first try the color you want by installing these micro-loop hair extensions, you can really figure out whether or not the color suits your hair! This way, you’re not taking any real risk and you get to have whichever color you want! Moreover, since hair extensions are always pre-dyed, the exact color will be right in front of you instead of you having to wait for the dye results!
- Micro-links hair extensions can be very easily adjusted without requiring any new material. This is a pretty big advantage of micro-loop hair extensions. While tape-in hair extensions have a tape that wears out over time and needs to be replaced after a few weeks, micro-loop hair extensions use the same bead to be adjusted.
Your hair is constantly growing, which is why if you install micro-loop hair extensions near the roots of your hair, you’ll have to inevitably adjust them after some time. Micro-loop hair extensions can be easily and quickly adjusted. All you have to do is loosen the bead and then rise it on the same strand. After that, you just have to tighten the bead again.
- Micro-loop hair extensions take just 2 to 3 hours to remove! They don’t require any extra equipment or chemical in the removal process either. When it comes to tape-in hair extensions, you need to purchase bond remover to remove the adhesive that binds the extensions. However, with micro-beads hair extensions, you don’t need any extra material. Just go to a professional hairdresser who has experience in installing and removing these hair extensions!
- Micro-loop hair extensions give you a pretty natural look!
That’s one thing that every person is going after nowadays. Everyone wants their look to be as natural as possible and with hair extension companies on the rise, every company is producing better than ever micro-loop hair extensions that are natural and discreet! However, US Hair has the best micro-links hair extensions that will give you a natural look and make sure no one around knows that you’re wearing hair extensions!
USA Hair has micro-links hair extensions that are made from natural REMY hair, which is why they blend well with your natural hair. No one will even be able to tell that you have installed hair extensions and people will start complimenting you for your natural flawless hair!
- Micro-beads hair extensions can be washed pretty easily! Since they don’t contain any adhesive, you don’t need to be extra careful about the adhesive coming loose or the chemical bond from weakening. The bond that micro-loop hair extensions have with your hair is a physical bond that doesn’t fade away with water! This is why, micro-loop hair extensions are safer to use with water and much easier to wash as well.
These are just a few of the many pros of micro-loop hair extensions! They’re safe and easy to use, will last you a long time, and give you a natural and flawless look! So, what are you waiting for? Get your hands on USA hair’s micro-loop hair extensions today! Choose your favorite color and your favorite length and enjoy experimenting with new hairstyles that you never thought you could pull off with your natural hair!
We also have a free color match service! To find the right color on USA Hair, here are your options:
- Get 2 free color swatches by mail
- Order samples (include gift card!)
- Order our full color ring (includes gift card!)
- Send us a selfie for our personal recommendations!
Cons of Micro-loop Hair Extensions
While there are many pros of micro-loop hair extensions, there are also a few cons that you should keep in mind before you purchase these hair extensions. Here are a few cons of micro-loop hair extensions:
- You shouldn’t wear micro-loop hair extensions if you have short hair. This is because if you have short hair, the micro-loop hair extensions will become apparent. Your short hair will prevent the roots of your hair extensions from getting covered, as a result of which your micro-loops will become visible. The micro-loops may slip out of your hair as well if you have short hair because they don’t have much space to grip. It’s also a lot more difficult to install hair extensions on short hair, and if they’re not installed in an accurate and neat way, then the roots of the micro-loop hair extensions will also be visible. Therefore, if you have short hair, you should go for other types of hair extensions like tape-in hair extensions which have a more discreet root.
- In order to remove these hair extensions, you’ll need a professional and experienced hairdresser. The removal process, although doesn’t require any special equipment, needs to be done carefully because if the beads aren’t properly loosened and the loop isn’t properly removed, your hair might get damaged and even break in the removal process. Moreover, removing the extensions can take up to 2-3 hours! While 2-3 hours really isn’t that much, it becomes a disadvantage when you’re short on time!
- Just like removing micro-loop extensions is hard, installing these extensions is even harder and can only be done by a professional. Installing these extensions can take about 4-5 hours in total, depending on the volume of your hair and how much coverage you require. It can take less time if you’re not looking for too much volume or coverage.
That being said, the installation process might result in a higher price to get them installed! In fact, high-end hair salons might even charge more than the actual price of the hair extensions, which means you’ll have to spend a good amount of money if you want micro-loop extensions to be properly installed.
If they’re not installed correctly, they might slip away easily and they may even cause a lot of discomfort to your scalp by pulling on your hair. The bead needs to be tightened just the perfect amount. If you tighten it too hard, it will pull on your hair and may cause breakage or damage. On the other hand, if you keep the loops too loose, they might just slip away. Therefore, you need to find an experienced hairdresser who knows how to handle these specific types of extensions. Make sure they’re certified in it and have a lot of experience in dealing with these extensions because amateur hairdressers can also cause disasters. So, choose your hairdresser wisely. An experienced hairdresser will also know where exactly to install the hair extensions to add volume while making sure the roots of the extensions aren’t visible. Invest in a good hairdresser who’s experienced, it’s one of the most important steps to getting the results you want!
- Micro-loop hair extensions aren’t suitable for hair that’s too thin or has been greatly damaged. Dyes and heating tools can great damage hair, giving you thin strands of hair. In such cases, it’s best not to use micro-loop hair extensions. This is because in micro-loop hair extensions, you have to tighten the bead and form a tight hold around your hair. If you already have thin or damaged hair, it will be hard for your hair to handle the weight of the micro-loop hair extensions and your hair might get further damaged or they might even break. Moreover, micro-loop extensions are also more likely to be visible if you have thin hair! you should consider getting other types of hair extensions if you want the permanent type of extensions.
- As your hair grows, the micro-loop extensions get further away from your roots. After some time, they might start pulling on your hair and make you feel uncomfortable after they’re a specific distance away from your roots. They might even pull on your hair. However, the good news is that they can be pretty easily adjusted back near your roots.
These are just a few of the cons of getting micro-loop hair extension. Of course, when it comes to any type of hair extension, bad hair quality can become a con too whenever you don’t buy it from a reliable brand. This is why I recommend you to buy hair extensions from USA Hair because we have amazing micro-loop hair extensions that are made of 100% genuine hair and are also pretty reasonable!
Now that you know the pros and cons of micro-loop hair extensions, you can weigh them and decide for yourself if micro-loop hair extensions are what you’re looking for!
Taking Care of Micro-loop Hair Extensions
Of course, all precious things need to be taken good care of so that they last a long time. Similarly, it’s very important to take good care of your hair extensions because the better you take care of them, the longer they’ll last! Imagine getting expensive hair extensions and then not being able to use them again just because you didn’t take proper care of them when you had the time to.
This rule applies for micro-loop hair extensions as well. Since these extensions can be re-adjusted and re-used, it’s a good idea to take good care of them so that they can last a long time. Here are a few ways to take care of micro-loop hair extensions:
- Stay away from the pool! While micro-loop extensions don’t have any tapes that you need to worry about, they do have rings that might get damaged because of the chemicals that are used in swimming pools. Moreover, the chemicals also damage the hair in hair extensions, along with your natural hair, which is why you should stay away from it as much as you can! The chlorine in the water will strip away your natural hair of its moisture and it damages the outer layer of both your natural hair as well as your hair extensions. This is why your hair feels so weird and clumpy after you’ve been in a swimming pool. Does this mean that your swimming days are over?
Well, good for you, you can still go swimming! Just wear a swimming cap whenever you want to go in the pool and you’re good to go! This not only goes for pool water, but for beaches as well, although the water available at beaches doesn’t have as many chemicals. However, the salt in seawater can still take a toll on your hair!
In case you do get inside the swimming pool without a shower cap, be sure to wash your hair thoroughly after coming out to make sure you’ve gotten rid of the chlorine and the other chemicals that are added to chlorinated water. Also, try to limit the period of time you’re underwater so that your hair doesn’t get damaged as much.
- You need to start brushing your micro-loop hair extensions at least twice a day! How do you do that? Well, there’s a specific brushing technique that’s used when you’ve installed hair extensions. Hold your hair from the top and start brushing from the bottom, gently working your way up the top of your hair. It’s actually a pretty easy method and I’m pretty sure a lot of us brush our natural hair this way as well!
This method of brushing your hair will prevent too much strain from pulling your hair extensions, and it will keep them safely applied to your hair. If you don’t hold your hair from the top, the force of brushing might pull the extensions and they might get loose or slide away.
Brushing your hair extensions is essential to keep them from tangling because if your hair gets tangled, it can get messy pretty quickly. If your hair extensions get tangled, not only will your hair extensions suffer, but your natural hair may also get tangled and caught up in the process, leading to breakage. It’s important to brush your hair regularly so that you can catch any tangles that are in their initial stages before they grow into bigger tangles!
You can also apply detangling serum to your hair in order to speed up and help the detangling process. However, make sure you don’t apply it too close to the roots to prevent the micro-loops from slipping away, just apply it to the part that needs to get sorted!
- Another way of avoiding tangles is to tie your hair into a braid before going to sleep! This process is very efficient in preventing tangles because your hair doesn’t get messy at night when you’re moving. Not only does this prevent your hair from tangling but it also gives you nice beach waves when you’re up the next morning. If you’ve ever slept with a braid, you’d know how wonderful your hair looks the next morning! The waves are not too huge and they’re not too discreet either. They’re just perfect! It’s a great styling hack that will also save your time.
- You also need to take some extra precautions with micro-loop hair extensions whenever you’re showering. Don’t worry, it’s nothing you can’t handle and I’m pretty sure a lot of people follow these steps otherwise as well! Here are the extra precautions or methods you need to use while showering:
- Before getting into the shower, make sure you’ve already brushed or detangled your hair. This way, you can avoid worsening the tangles you already have. Moreover, this will also make it easier for you to apply shampoo and conditioner to your hair.
- Make sure the water pressure isn’t too much, otherwise, it can pull on your hair extensions, which can eventually make your scalp hurt. You can apply some pressure, but make sure it’s gentle on your hair.
- While applying shampoo, do not proceed in a haphazard fashion. Usually, people just slather on some shampoo and mix their hair all over. However, you need to be careful not to do this! Make sure your vertical strands do not get tangled with each other and apply shampoo vertically to ensure your hair strands remain separated. This will reduce damage to your hair extensions as well and it will also help you comb your hair when it’s dry.
- Make sure you wash off the shampoo completely and none of it remains behind in your hair, especially in your hair extensions! Left over shampoo in your hair extensions can cause build-up and this can eventually destroy the hair extensions. Therefore, you need to make sure you wash your hair thoroughly before proceeding to the next step. You can split your hair through a vertical part that runs through the middle of your head, toward your back. This will allow the hair that’s in the middle of your head to have easy access to water. That part is the most difficult one to get washed so you need to wash it very carefully!
- Make sure you use a silicone-free conditioner! You should use a good conditioner for your hair that has all the nutrients in it and won’t weigh your hair down. Avoid using conditioner near the roots, though. This is because conditioner can easily build-up near the roots and damage your hair extensions and in some cases, your natural hair as well.
These are some of the precautions you need to take while you’re in the shower! The list may seem long but once you get in your routine, you’ll realize that it’s pretty easy and barely takes any extra time! Moreover, you’ll also notice that your natural hair will get healthier after you try these haircare methods in the shower.
- After you’re out of the shower, do not brush your hair while the strands are still wet. This can greatly damage your natural hair as well as the hair in the hair extensions. If you really do need to brush them while they’re wet, make sure they’re not fully wet and that you use a wide-toothed comb instead of a fine one. Your hair is more brittle while it’s wet and it’s more prone to breaking. The same goes for the hair in your hair extensions.
- Be gentle when using the towel on your hair. Ideally, don’t use a towel at all on your wet hair. Instead, get some t-shirt that has a nice fabric and wrap it around your head. The fabric in towels can dry out your hair and make it frizzy. However, if you use a t-shirt, you’ll get much better results. This goes for those who don’t have hair extensions on their hair too! After all, I’m pretty sure you have a spare t-shirt that you haven’t worn in ages!
- Do not blow dry your hair unless you’re in a hurry and you have no other option left! Blow-drying your hair not only damaged your hair extensions, but it also damages your natural hair as well. Instead, let your hair air-dry. During the summer season, your hair will dry pretty quickly so you really don’t need a blow-dryer at all. However, in the winter season, you may use it at times when you need to get your hair dried quickly.
- Don’t use excessive heat while styling your hair. While using straightening irons and curling irons to style your hair is pretty tempting, it’s very bad for your hair. You should avoid using hot tools on your hair to prevent hair damage. The hot tools destroy your hair and remove moisture from it as well. Style your hair with these tools only once a week, not more than that! Moreover, try to use a serum that protects your hair from the heat damage and don’t use it on the roots.
While styling, make sure you gently brush your hair instead of being too harsh. It’s preferable to use a wide-toothed comb. Try not to hit the roots of your hair extensions because it might cause them to fall off! Be gentle and be kind with your hair.
- Some hairstyles require you to back-comb your hair to get the perfect final look. While it may be tempting to get that look, beware of back-combing your hair as it greatly damages your natural hair as well as your hair extensions! Just avoid hairstyles that use back-combing, or use a fluffy accessory that is inserted in the hair instead of back-combing it.
Whenever you go to a salon to get your hair styled, make sure you tell the hairdresser that you don’t want your hair to be back-combed as well!
- Make sure you don’t tie your hair into a tight ponytail! A loose one is fine but a tight one will not only damage your natural hair, but it will also damage your hair extensions and may cause them to slip out. Instead of tying your hair into a tight ponytail, you should try clipping it up loosely or tying it into a loose braid.
In summer, you might desperately want your hair out of your way and you might be tempted to tie your hair into a tight pony tail so that it doesn’t keep coming in the way, but you need to avoid it at all costs, for the sake of your hair!
- Don’t bleach your hair extensions! Sometimes, you might end up buying hair extensions that don’t really match the shade of your natural hair. However, if this happens, make sure you don’t add bleach to your hair extensions because most hair extensions have already gone through the whole dyeing process. Bleaching them one more time will only do damage to them and it might even make them so damaged that they won’t be wearable!
Follow these tips in order to take better care of your hair extensions and make sure that they don’t get damaged in just a few days! If you’ve spent so much in getting the hair extensions, you might want to hold on to them for as long as you can! The only way to do that is by properly taking care of your hair extensions and following all of the steps that are listed above.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do micro-loop hair extensions last?
It all depends on how you take care of them and what quality of micro-loop hair extensions you’re getting. The higher the quality and the better you take care of them, the longer they’ll last! Typically, they last about 2 to 3 months.
Can I re-use and readjust micro-loop hair extensions?
Yes, you can re-use your micro-loop hair extensions as long as the loop and bead are intact. You can also readjust them after every few weeks.
How real do micro-loop hair extensions look?
When properly applied by an experienced professional, no one will even be able to tell that you’re wearing hair extensions! They’re pretty discreet, except if you have short hair, which is why these hair extensions aren’t suited for people with short hair.
Can I install micro-loop hair extensions by myself?
You can’t install micro-loop hair extensions by yourself. You should only get them installed by an experienced hairdresser who knows how to handle these extensions. Otherwise, a disaster may result!
Can I remove micro-loop hair extensions by myself?
Once again, the answer is no. You should go to an experienced and certified hairdresser to remove your micro-loop hair extensions. Otherwise, your hair might break in the removal process!
Can I readjust micro-loop hair extensions by myself?
No, you cannot readjust micro-loop hair extensions by yourself. You should always get it done by an experienced hairdresser!
How long does it take to get micro-loop hair extensions installed?
Installing micro-loop hair extensions typically takes about 4 to 5 hours. However, the actual time can vary depending from person to person. Those who have dense hair may take more time!
Where Should I Buy Micro-loop Hair Extensions From?
You can get high-quality micro-loop hair extensions from USA Hair, at their website USAhair.com!
You can fine the best micro-loop hair extensions with a lot of colors to choose from, in a very reasonable price!
So, what are you waiting for? Grab the best micro-loop hair extensions from USA hair and enjoy the amazing transformation of your hair. You’ll love it!
Why Should I Buy Hair Extensions from USA Hair?
USA Hair provides its customers with high-quality micro-loop hair extensions for a fairly decent price. When it comes to hair extensions, the price is no guarantee of the quality. However, when it comes to USA Hair, high quality is guaranteed, that too, at a fair price.
If you live in the US, it will be a lot easier for you to order from USA Hair because shipping is free.
Moreover, unlike other types of hair extensions, USA Hair doesn’t sell damaged hair extensions. The bleaching process usually damages hair extensions but the ones sold by USA Hair are of very high-quality and free from damage. They’re soft and silky to touch as well.
We hope you enjoyed reading this blog on micro-loop hair extensions. If you have any queries or comments related to these extensions, you can always message us or contact us and we will get back to you with answers!
That being said, we hope you have a nice experience with hair extensions!