Men Toupees Dos And Donts
Here are the dos & donts for men toupees!
Here's what you should do:
- The first time you use it, have your hair toupee installed by a professional hairdresser with solid experience installing toupees. This way, you can learn how to install it correctly and have custom cut to fit teh reste of your hair.
- Before having your hair toupee installed, wash your hair the same day with a clarifying shampoo. Don't use any hair conditioner or hydrating products on your hair.
- After your toupee is installed, please wait 48 to 72 hours before washing your hair.
- Brush your toupee regularly and gently. The more you brush your toupee, the less likely it will tangle. This is important especially before entering the shower and before bedtime to prevent the toupee from matting and tangling.
- Use good quality hair shampoo and conditioner. Always use gentle & hydrating products. Stay away from ones that contain sulfates and alcohol.
- Wash your toupee as rarely as possible.
- When in the shower, protect your hair with a shower cap.
Here's what you shouldn't do:
- Do not wash your hair until 48 hours after the toupee has been installed.
- Do not wash your toupee upside down
- Don't over wash your hair toupee
- Never scrub the hair too hard.
- Never fall sleep on a wet hair toupee. Make sure the hair is dry before bedtime to avoid matting.
- Don't use heat styling tools on your toupee unless necessary, and if you have to, be sure you're using the lowest temperature possible.
- Avoid salt water and chlorine water, you're better off avoid swimming altogether. But if you're going to be swimming with your extensions, always wear a swim cap.
- We recommend you don’t alter the hair color of the hair extensions & wigs in any way. These extensions & wigs aren’t virgin hair, and therefore have already been processed. Dyeing, toning, or applying purple/blue shampoos to them may reduce the quality of the hair extensions & wigs. We consider purple/blue shampoos as a hair dye since their main purpose is to alter blonde hair tones. We cannot be held accountable for the outcome if you decide to modify our products, your order will not be refunded nor will you receive a replacement. If you don’t like the color you received, simply follow our return policy in order to get a full refund. If you still wish to dye the extensions, always avoid bleaching the extensions. Test one weft before dyeing the full set. Keep in mind that by dyeing your hair extensions, you can no longer return them. If you decide to dye the extensions, you do it entirely at your own discretion an own risks.