What are sew-in hair extensions?
Sew-in extensions, what are they exactly? Are sew-in extensions worth it? Are they expensive? Don’t worry! In this article, we’ll explain to you everything you need to know about sew-in extensions. However, if you’d like to skip this article & shop sew-in extensions online, click here.Shop Sew In Hair Extensions
As their name suggests, sew-in hair extensions are sewn into your hair to install them. Stitching the extensions is a great way to make sure the extensions don’t go loose! Sew-in hair extensions are becoming pretty popular among celebrities and fashion enthusiasts alike.
Do you want to increase your hair length or volume overnight? If so, hair extensions are the right choice for you! However, deciding what kind of extensions you want is a decision that you should make after carefully considering all of your options.
Today, we will discuss the pros and cons of sew-in hair extensions. Keep reading and then decide for yourself whether these hair extensions are suitable for you!
How are Sew-In Hair Extensions Installed?
Let’s first mention that sew-in hair extensions should always be installed by a professional because these hair extensions require a lot of time and the process is also pretty complicated and draining. So please don’t install sew-in extensions yourself!
First, the hairstylist will section your hair into horizontal sections. Next, she will tightly braid a tiny horizontal braid that goes from one side of your head to the other. Braiding should be done carefully because if the braids are too tight, it will be uncomfortable for you and you might even get headaches the first few days. On the other hand, if the braids are too loose, the hair extensions will become loose. The hair needs to be braided correctly and only a professional can do that.
After that, your hairstylist will install the hair extensions by sewing the hair extensions using a thread and needle onto these tiny horizontal braids. The hair extensions are sewn in rows, and a full-head coverage will require about 3 to 5 rows of hair extensions. Usually, one pack of hair extensions is enough for a full-head coverage but if you’re going for long hair extensions, you’ll need two packs of hair extensions.
Installing sew-in extensions can take about 4 to 5 hours and it’s pretty tiring and draining. It’s best to leave this up to a professional hairdresser who is certified in installing these hair extensions! The hair extensions are considered semi-permanent because they last about 1 to 3 months.
After installing your sew-in hair extensions, you might have to go back to your hairdresser in about a few weeks to tighten your braids because they’ll get loose over time. However, the tightening process barely takes up time!
Pros of Sew-in Hair Extensions
Now it’s time to discuss the pros of having sew-in extensions! As a national hair extension retailer, we can tell you that sew-in extensions keep on gaining in popularity. There are many pros to wearing sew-in extensions instead of other types of extensions. Here are some pros of sew-in hair extensions:
- Sew-in hair extension pro #1: Sew-in extensions are not expensive at all! Compared to other types of permanent hair extensions, sew-in hair extensions are the cheapest hair extensions! It’s no secret that hair extensions can be expensive, but when it comes to sew-in hair extensions, they’re pretty affordable and inexpensive. This is one of the reasons they’ve become immensely popular with teenagers and adults! On USA Hair, you can shop remy sew-in human hair wefts online for low prices with free & quick shipping!
- Sew-in hair extension pro #2: Sew-in extensions are one of the best permanent hair extensions that can be worn on short hair as well. Other types of hair extensions may not be suitable for short hair because their roots can become visible pretty easily. However, sew-in hair extensions work pretty well on short hair because the sewing makes the extensions blend with your natural hair, so the roots aren’t visible and the extensions don’t slide away. Other types of hair extensions like micro-loop hair extensions aren’t suitable for short hair because the roots of the extensions can get visible on short hair. With USA Hair sew-in hair extensions, the color of the thread used is also same as that of your hair color.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #3: Sew-in hair extensions hold firmly to your hair. These extensions are literally sewn into your natural hair, so you don’t have to worry about the extensions slipping or sliding away. Moreover, the bond between your hair extensions and your natural hair won’t get loose either because there is a physical stitch to keep the extensions in place. This means that the hair extensions are pretty secure and reliable.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #4: Sew-in extensions are the most suitable hair extensions for thick hair. Thick hair can easily take the stitch that’s required in the installation of these hair extensions.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #5: To install sew-in hair extensions, no glue is required. This means that these hair extensions do not damage your hair during the installation process! Other types of hair extensions like tape-in hair extensions require tape, which contains glue. Therefore, if you’re looking for extensions that are free of chemicals, you should choose sew-in extensions.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #6: To install sew-in extensions, no heat is required. Other types of hair extensions may require heat during the installation process, which could damage and dry out your natural hair if done incorrectly. However, since these are sew-in hair extensions, they don’t require any heat to install them. You just need to go to an experienced hairdresser to get these extensions stitched in! That’s great news because a lot of the other types of hair extensions like fusion hair extensions will need glue & heat.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #7: USA Hair sew-in extensions give a very natural and flawless look. Since USAhair.com hair extensions are directly sewn into your hair using a thread of the same color as your hair, the thread becomes camouflaged and the roots of these hair extensions cannot be seen. In other types of hair extensions sold by other online retailers, visible roots may be seen. However, sew-in hair extensions sold on USA Hair are pretty discreet. No one will be able to tell that you’re wearing hair extensions if you get sew-in hair extensions sold on USA Hair!
- Sew-in hair extension pro #8: Sew-in hair extensions will allow you to have any look that you want! A lot of hairstyles require adequate volume and length, which a lot of people don’t have. Therefore, these sew-in hair extensions allow you to explore new hairstyles that you never thought you could pull off! They enhance your natural hair and give you more length and volume so that you can try out new hairstyles.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #9: USAhair.com Sew-in hair extensions, and all other types of extensions, come in a wide variety of colors and lengths so that you can choose the best color for you. Our remy sew-in hair extensions are offered in 30 beautiful shades ranging from jet black to bleach blonde, and also ombre shades & highlighted shades. Whether you’re searching for 14 inches sew-ins, 18 inches sew-ins, or 22 inches sew-ins, we carry all popular hair lengths in sew-in extensions.
- Sew-in hair extension pro #10: Sew-in hair extensions are low-maintenance hair extensions and therefore, they’re perfect for those ladies who are always on the go! Some ladies have very demanding jobs and long working hours that require them to be available all the time. This would make it difficult for these ladies to take out some time every day to style their hair. This is where sew-in hair extensions come into play! With sew-in hair extensions, you don’t need to spend an enormous amount of time styling your hair every day! You can just style them once and wear the look for a few days without getting your natural hair caught up in the process. This means you won’t get late to college or to your job anymore because of your hair. Moreover, you’ll never get any bad hair days because your hair is always going to be on point! USAhair.com sew-in Hair extensions are also easy to remove!
Obviously, these are some pros of buying sew-in hair extensions, which are some of the most popular hair extensions on USA Hair. However, make sure you get high quality to sew in hair extensions so that the hair looks natural and shiny instead of dull and fake. If you’re looking for high quality sew in hair extensions, then you should try USA Hair’s sew-in extensions that are made of 100% genuine real remy human hair. The quality is amazing and the price of hair extensions are reasonable too!
Cons of Sew-in Hair Extensions
While there are many advantages of sew-in hair extensions, there are some cons to these sew-in extensions too, which is why you should carefully consider your options before getting sew-in hair extensions. Here are a few cons of sew-in hair extensions:
- Sew-in extension con #1: installing sew-in hair extensions is long and tiring, and you cannot apply these hair extensions yourself. You need to go to a professional and certified hairdresser who has experience applying sew-in extensions. Don’t just go to any hairdresser, go to an experienced and certified one. Otherwise, she might ruin your hair extension experience!
- Sew-in extension con #2: that being said, it’s also very hard to find a hairdresser who installs sew-in hair extensions. The process of installing sew-in hair extensions is pretty lengthy and tiring, which is why a lot of them don’t even offer the option of installing these hair extensions. It can take about 3 to 5 hours to install these hair extensions! On the other hand, tape-in hair extensions take only about an hour to install. This is why hairdressers prefer installing other types of hair extensions. Moreover, sew-in hair extensions are usually installed for a much lower rate, which is why hairdressers see it as a waste of their time. In fact, it’s quite possible that there is no hairdresser in your city who installs these extensions if you live in a small city or town. Therefore, it’s recommended that before you buy these hair extensions, you first find a hairdresser who’s experienced enough with these hair extensions to install them.
- Sew-in extension con #3: Sew-in hair extensions are not suitable for those who have thin hair. The hair needs to be braided near the roots and then the extensions need to be sewn in, which is why these extensions can weigh your hair down if you have thin hair. They can also greatly damage your hair if it’s thin. Therefore, if you have thin hair, you should look into buying other types of hair extensions. After all, you don’t want your thin hair to get damaged and break apart, do you?
- Sew-in extension con #4: If the hair extensions are sewn in too tight, they might pull on your natural hair, resulting in pain and even headaches in some cases. Therefore, it’s very important that the person who’s applying the hair extensions is highly experienced. This way, you won’t have to face such issues
- Sew-in extension con #5:Washing and cleaning sew-in hair extensions is somewhat hard. Since your natural hair remains braided during the time that the hair extensions are on, a lot of bacteria and build-up from products can accumulate in the braids, causing a lot of discomforts and sometimes. Therefore, you need to wash your hair regularly and you need to spend a good amount of time washing it to make sure that the shampoo penetrates the braid and reaches the scalp to get every bit of dirt or product build-up.
These are some of the disadvantages of getting sew-in hair extensions! If the disadvantages outweigh the advantages, you should go for some other types of hair extensions that are more suited to your hair type or preferences. That being said, if you still do decide to get these hair extensions, get them from USA Hair because our extensions are made of high-quality hair that looks and feels natural and real.
The Cost of Sew-in Hair Extensions
Earlier on, we discussed that sew-in hair extensions are pretty reasonable and cheap when compared to other types of hair extensions. So, exactly how much is “cheap”? Since everyone has a different definition of this word, let’s go on to calculate how much it would cost you to get sew-in hair extensions.
When it comes to sew-in hair extensions, usually one pack is enough for full head coverage. On the other hand, other types of hair extensions usually require a lot of packs for full-head coverage.
If you’re getting longer hair extensions, like those of 22 inches or longer, then you should get 2 packs of sew-in hair extensions to make sure that the ends don’t lack volume.
The price per set of sew-in extensions will vary with the selected length. For a full pricelist of sew-in hair extensions, click here.
For a example, a set of 14 inches sew-in extensions made of quality hair will be $150.
Now, coming to the cost of getting these extensions installed, keep in mind each hairdresser and hair salon may have their own rates. We can’t tell you how you much you will pay exactly to have these sew-in extensions. However, generally speaking, a hairdresser would charge you about $20 for one row of hair extensions, and you’ll need about 3 to 5 rows installed for a full head, which means $60 to $100. Obviously, if you’re getting extra services for your hair, the bill will be bigger.
So, if you calculate the total cost, it could potentially cost as low as $210 to buy & install sew-in extensions. That is pretty less when compared to other types of hair extensions such as micro-beads extensions, prebonded extensions, tape-in extensions, and nano-beads extensions.
FAQs Sew-in Hair Wefts
To conclude, here’s a list of our frequently asked questions about sew-in hair wefts.
How long do sew-in hair extensions last?
Sew-in hair extensions can last anywhere from 1 month to 3 months, depending on the quality of hair that you purchase as well as how well you take care of them.
Can sew-in hair extensions damage my hair?
No, sew-in hair extensions do not cause any damage to your hair if they’re applied properly by a professional who’s well-trained.
Should I get sew-in hair extensions if I have thin hair?
No, sew-in hair extensions are not recommended if you have thin hair. The extensions might pull on your hair too tightly, which can cause discomfort and pain.
How long does it take to get sew-in hair extensions installed?
Sew-in hair extensions can take about 3 to 5 hours for the installation process to be completed by a professional.
Are sew-in hair extensions expensive?
No, sew-in hair extensions are pretty cost-friendly and it can cost you anywhere from $140 to $340 to get sew-in hair extensions, including the installation charges. The actual amount varies and depends on what brand you choose and which salon you choose to get your hair extensions installed.
Do sew-in hair extensions cause discomfort?
If properly applied, sew-in hair extensions do not cause discomfort. However, if the braids are tied too tight, the extensions might cause scalp ache as well as headaches.
Where Should I Buy Sew-in Hair Extensions from?
Hair extensions are becoming pretty popular among teens and adults alike, which is why the competition in the hair extension markets is at an all-time high. More and more companies are trying to make their hair extensions better and more cost-effective.
That being said, I believe that USA Hair provides some of the best hair extensions!
Why Should I Buy Hair Extensions from USA Hair?
USA Hair is indeed one of the best places to get your hair extensions from. Here are a few reasons to choose USA Hair for your hair extensions:
- High-quality hair: The hair extensions provided by USA Hair are all of the very high quality. All of the hair strands are made of 100% genuine hair, which is why they look so flawlessly natural. They’ll also blend pretty well with your natural hair!
- Reasonable prices: USA Hair has one of the best prices for quality, which is why it’s always a good experience buying from them! Some high-end brands can charge you a lot for high quality but with USA Hair, you get high quality for a pretty reasonable hair extensions prices!
- Wide variety: From tape-in hair extensions to sew-in hair extensions, you’ll get any type of hair extension that you want with USA Hair! We also have a wide variety of colors for you to choose from so that you can find the best hair extensions for your hair.
- We also have a free color match service! To find the right color on USA Hair, here are your options:Get 2 free color swatches by mail
Order samples (include gift card!)
Order our full color ring (includes gift card!)
Send us a selfie for our personal recommendations!
So, what are you waiting for? Shop for your hair extensions from USA Hair! If you live in the United States, shipping charges are also free.
We hope you’ve made your decision by now on whether or not to get these hair extensions. If you have any more queries about these hair extensions, you can always contact us. That being said, we hope you have a great experience with your hair extensions! After all, life is too short not to experiment with your hair and experimenting with your hair will only help you fall in love with yourself more!
Try out sew-in hair extensions if they look like suitable ones for you! They’re pretty popular these days and you can get them for a pretty reasonable price!